Practice Areas Include:
- Real Estate – Residential and Commercial
- Corporate and Commercial
- Wills, Powers of Attorney and Estates
- Family Law
REAL ESTATE LAW:
In the area of real estate I act for purchasers and vendors in connection with:
- Purchases and sales, and the mortgaging of single family residential property (including condominium units, co-ownership units, shares of co-operatives, and single family and multi-residential units, among others).
In relation to residential mortgage financing, I act for most major lenders including:
- Some life insurance companies
- Credit unions, and trust companies
In addition, I also act on behalf of lenders in connection to the mortgaging and the construction financing of commercial, industrial, and multi-residential real estate properties.
In the course of my real estate practice, I act on behalf of developers with respect to:
- Preparing and negotiating Agreements of Purchase and Sale
- Purchasing land and/or building lots
- Acting on the related financing for these types of transaction
- Completing the sales to the end purchasers
- Conversion of residential and commercial rental buildings to legal co-ownerships and condominiums
In acting for clients who own commercial, industrial, and retail properties (including plazas and office buildings), I work with my clients, both individuals, and corporations, in the negotiation and preparation of offers to lease for these types of properties.
CORPORATE / COMMERCIAL
My corporate commercial law practice includes the preparation and negotiation of partnership and shareholder agreements. It also encompasses the following steps:
- Meeting with clients and advising them on the structure of the business entity, including different share structures if applicable;
- Consulting and working with clients accountants and financial advisors where applicable
- Preparing and registering Articles of Incorporation for newly-formed corporations;
- Meeting with clients and discussing various issues that should be addressed in the preparation of both partnership and shareholders agreements;
- Preparing and maintaining the annual minutes of corporations on an ongoing basis;
- Preparing, renewing and negotiating licensing agreements;
- All aspects of franchise work (acting for both franchisees and franchisors); and
- Involvement in the negotiation and preparation of, Asset and/or Share Purchase Agreements and completing the transaction.
WILLS, ESTATES, POWERS OF ATTORNEY and ESTATE PLANNING
Wills, Estates, and Powers of Attorney and Estate Planning increasingly are part of my practice. In meeting with clients I help them to focus on the various issues to consider in the process. I work with clients that have very basic estates as well as clients estates who are more complex. Where the situation requires I will recommend to my clients that they should consider involving their accountants, financial advisors, and/or their life insurance representative. I am well-versed in an assortment of complex estate planning methods and their effective implementation.
My practice involves the preparation of both Wills and Powers of Attorney — for both Property and Personal Care (also known as a “Living Will”). In order to better understand my clients’ needs and objectives, while meeting with them, I discuss in detail their individual situations so that I may offer them some guidance before preparing their Wills and Powers of Attorney. I take an ongoing interest in my clients, by sending out reminders on a regular basis to ensure that they keep their Wills and Powers of Attorney current.
FAMILY LAW MATTERS
- I’m involved in the negotiation and preparation of Co-Habitation Agreements pre-marriage agreements with the objective of the matter being completed on a collaborative basis;
- Negotiation and preparation of Separation Agreements on a collaborative basis; and
- Preparation of uncontested Divorce Applications and handling the process from start to finish