Services We Provide:
Practice Areas Include:
- Real Estate
- Corporate and Commercial
- Wills, Powers of Attorney and Estates
- Family Law
- Some Civil Litigation
REAL ESTATE LAW:
In the area of real estate I act for purchasers and vendors in connection with:
- Purchases and sales, as well as the mortgaging of residential property (including condominium units, co-ownership units, shares of co-operatives, and single family and multi-residential units, among others).
In relation to residential mortgage financing, I act for most major lenders including:
- Some life insurance companies
- Credit unions, and trust companies
I also represent various lenders with respect to both mortgage and construction financing on commercial, industrial, single family and multi-residential real estate properties.
In the course of my real estate practice I act on behalf of developers with respect to:
- Purchasing land and/or building lots
- Preparing and negotiating Agreements of Purchase and Sale
- Acting on the related financing for these types of transaction
- Completing the sales to the end purchasers
- Conversion of residential/rental buildings to legal co-ownerships and condominiums
In acting for clients who own commercial, industrial, and retail properties (including plazas and office buildings), I am involved in the preparation and negotiation of commercial leases. I also represent corporations and individuals renting space in those kinds of properties, and will negotiate the leases on their behalf.
CORPORATE / COMMERCIAL
My corporate commercial law practice includes the preparation and negotiation of partnership and shareholder agreements. It also encompasses:
- Preparing and attending to the registration of Articles of Incorporation for newly-formed corporations;
- Advising and preparing Partnership and Shareholders Agreements;
- Preparing the annual Minutes of existing corporations on an ongoing basis;
- Preparing, renewing and negotiating licensing agreements;
- All aspects of franchise work (acting for both franchisees and franchisors); and
- Involvement with the negotiation and preparation of, Asset and Share Purchase Agreements.
WILLS, ESTATES, POWERS OF ATTORNEY and ESTATE PLANNING
Estates have formed part of my practice for many years; I handle both very basic estates and more complicated ones, and am well-versed in an assortment of complex estate planning methods and their effective implementation.
My practice involves the preparation of both Wills and Powers of Attorney, and I pride myself on understanding my clients’ needs and objectives. I meet with clients before preparing a Will to determine what they want to accomplish with their estate planning, and also take an ongoing interest in them, by sending out reminders to ensure that they keep their Wills and Powers of Attorney current.
FAMILY LAW MATTERS
- Negotiation and preparation of Co-Habitation Agreements;
- Negotiation and preparation of Separation Agreements; and
- Preparation of uncontested Divorce Applications.
- collecting of outstanding accounts, receivables, outstanding maintenance and common expenses for Condominium, Co-ownership and Co-operative Corporations and for business clients.6